We celebrate our nurses and are committed to recognizing the important work they do every day. Our HCA Excellence in Nursing and Unit of Distinction awards recognize our nurses at the enterprise level, and many of our facilities celebrate their nurses with awards unique to their location.
HCA Excellence in Nursing Awards honor dedicated and caring nursing professionals
The HCA Excellence in Nursing Award for Compassionate Care honors a nurse whose knowledge and expert skills create a quality experience and foster improved outcomes for patients.
The HCA Excellence in Nursing Award for Professional Mentoring celebrates a nurse who has dedicated himself or herself to guiding and supporting career advancement for individuals and groups of nurses.
Unit of Distinction celebrates top performing med-surg departments
HCA established the Unit of Distinction program to recognize and celebrate top performing med-surg departments in the categories of leadership, professional practice, and operations. In the second year of this program, almost 500 med-surg units participated, with 21 identified as recipients of the 2016 HCA Med-Surg Unit of Distinction Award. Those units are recognized and rewarded for their performance and leadership through an educational grant to support nursing professional development. In 2017, HCA launched a similar program for critical care units.
National nursing recognitions
As leaders in the field of nursing, our nurses are nationally recognized for their dedication, compassion and high-quality care.
HCA facilities are recognized among an elite group of Magnet hospitals
Ten HCA-affiliated hospitals have currently achieved recognition from the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program – an honor that only about seven percent of hospitals in the United States receive. Recognition as a Magnet hospital is a prestigious distinction recognizing high-quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
HCA Magnet-designated hospitals
- Frankfort Regional Medical Center, Frankfort, KY
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, Blacksburg, VA
- Medical City Dallas Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Medical City Children’s Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Medical City Denton, Denton, TX
- Medical City Fort Worth, Fort Worth, TX
- Medical City Lewisville, Lewisville, TX
- Medical City McKinney, McKinney, TX
- Medical City Plano, Plano, TX
- Medical City Frisco, Frisco, TX
- Mission Hospital, Asheville, NC
- Rose Medical Center, Denver, CO
- The Medical Center of Aurora, Aurora, CO
Pathways to Excellence awards HCA facilities for fostering a positive nursing environment
The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Pathway to Excellence program recognizes the work of hospitals to create a positive environment for nurses to flourish. Hospitals qualify as best places to work for nurses by proving their policies, procedures and culture create a supportive environment where nurses can thrive. Currently, 17 HCA facilities have been recognized by the ANCC Pathway to Excellence Program.
HCA Pathway to Excellence-designated facilities
- Angel Medical Center, Franklin, NC
- Belton Regional Medical Center, Belton, MO
- Blue Ridge Regional Hospital, Spruce Pine, NC
- Centerpoint Medical Center, Independence, MO
- Houston Northwest, Houston, TX
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center, Summit, MO
- Menorah Medical Center, Overland Park, KS
- Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, San Antonio, TX
- Medical City North Hills, North Richland Hills, TX
- Northeast Methodist Hospital, Like Oak TX
- Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria, LA
- Research Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
- Sky Ridge Medical Center, Denver CO
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital, Orem, UT
- TriStar Summit Medical Center, Hermitage, TN
- West Florida Hospital, Pensacola, FL