HCA Excellence in Nursing Awards honor dedicated and caring nursing professionals
The HCA Excellence in Nursing Award for Compassionate Care honors a nurse whose knowledge and expert skills create a quality experience and foster improved outcomes for patients.
The HCA Excellence in Nursing Award for Professional Mentoring celebrates a nurse who has dedicated himself or herself to guiding and supporting career advancement for individuals and groups of nurses.
Unit of Distinction celebrates top performing med-surg departments
HCA established the Unit of Distinction program to recognize and celebrate top performing med-surg departments in the categories of leadership, professional practice, and operations. In the second year of this program, almost 500 med-surg units participated, with 21 identified as recipients of the 2016 HCA Med-Surg Unit of Distinction Award. Those units are recognized and rewarded for their performance and leadership through an educational grant to support nursing professional development. In 2017, HCA launched a similar program for critical care units.
National nursing recognitions
As leaders in the field of nursing, our nurses are nationally recognized for their dedication, compassion and high-quality care.
HCA facilities are recognized among an elite group of Magnet hospitals
Ten HCA-affiliated hospitals have currently achieved recognition from the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program – an honor that only about seven percent of hospitals in the United States receive. Recognition as a Magnet hospital is a prestigious distinction recognizing high-quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
HCA Magnet-designated hospitals
- Medical City Denton, Denton, TX
- Frankfort Regional Medical Center, Frankfort, KY
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, Blacksburg, VA
- The Medical Center of Aurora, Aurora, CO
- Medical City Lewisville, Lewisville, TX
- Medical City Plano, Plano, TX
- Medical City Dallas Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Medical City Fort Worth, Fort Worth, TX
- Rose Medical Center, Denver, CO
Pathways to Excellence awards HCA facilities for fostering a positive nursing environment
The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Pathway to Excellence program recognizes the work of hospitals to create a positive environment for nurses to flourish. Hospitals qualify as best places to work for nurses by proving their policies, procedures and culture create a supportive environment where nurses can thrive. Currently, 17 HCA facilities have been recognized by the ANCC Pathway to Excellence Program.
HCA Pathway to Excellence-designated facilities
- Belton Regional Medical Center, Belton, MO
- Centerpoint Medical Center, Independence, MO
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center, Summit, MO
- LewisGale Hospital-Pulaski, Pulaski, VA
- Medical City North Hills, North Richland Hills, TX
- Menorah Medical Center, Overland Park, KS
- Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, San Antonio, TX
- Northeast Methodist Hospital, Like Oak, TX
- Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria, LA
- Research Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
- Sky Ridge Medical Center, Denver, CO
- St. David’s Medical Center, Austin, TX
- St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center, Round Rock, TX
- St. David’s South Austin Hospital, Austin, TX
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital, Orem, UT
- TriStar Summit Medical Center, Hermitage, TN
- West Florida Hospital, Pensacola, FL
- West Houston Medical Center, Houston, TX