Unit Secretary Progressive Care PCU PRN
Capital Regional Medical Center - Tallahassee, Florida
Job Code: 00355-8345
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon an Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Perform clerical and receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Capital Regional Medical Center.
- Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
- Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts and medication orders.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient charts, physician orders and nursing orders.
- Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment.
- Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by cleaning general work stations and stocking of supplies.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 02/15/2018