Surgery Technician II FT Days - Sign On Available
The Medical Center of Aurora - Aurora, Colorado
Job Code: 03191-67129
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Operating Room Technicians. (required)
- Registration as a Surgical Technician by Colorado Division of Registration (DORA) (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Current Certification as a Surgical Technologist is preferred; title granted upon successful completion of board exam is CST.
- One to three years of experience as a Surgery Technician (preferred)
Last Edited: 02/13/2018