Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room
North Florida Regional Medical Center - Gainesville, Florida
Job Code: 00039-12859
Nights (rotating weekends)
North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) Emergency Room is a fast paced, high volume, high acuity department. The main department consist of 27 beds, with 3 resuscitation rooms. Care Path is our low acuity area with 11 rooms and a dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department.
Our emergency department provides an intense and demanding work environment. The staff is made up of the highest quality nurses, paramedics, nurse techs, mid-levels, and physicians. Always striving to excel, the staff push each other to provide the best evidence based comprehensive care possible for our patients and their families.
The leadership of the department is very engaged and is continuously connecting with staff to ensure that their needs and concerns are addressed. Work- life balance is a strong point for the department leadership. Continuing education and the understanding for the need to be a lifelong learner is fostered by the departments dedicated, enthusiastic, and high energy educator.
The culture of accountability and professionalism helps bring this team closer together creating an unmatched place for you to call your forever work home.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
· State of
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of universal precautions
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
· Basic arrhythmia test recognition – have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing score
Last Edited: 02/15/2018