Registered Nurse RN - Day Surgery
Medical City Denton - Denton, Texas
Job Code: 06251-98214
Days (rotating weekends)
Work Schedule: Full Time w/call
Medical City Denton, a Magnet facility, is a 208 bed, full service hospital that serves the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague Counties. At Denton Regional Medical Center we feel that customer service is an important part of every person's job and strive to enhance community health through our service with compassion, excellence and efficiency.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse – RN – Day Surgery provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider; ACLS and PALS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- One year recent experience in Day Surgery preferred; one year of nursing experience required. Critical Care experience preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Associates Degree in Nursing required. Enroll in BSN program within 6 months of hire and obtain in 24 months
- Specialty Certification preferred.
Last Edited: 02/14/2018