Regional VP Behavioral Health Services
Corporate Main Campus - Nashville, Tennessee
Job Code: 10210-23305
Job Title: Regional Vice President of Behavioral Health Services
General Summary of Duties:
Executive position responsible for achieving profitable growth, clinical excellence and regulatory compliance through their management of assigned Behavioral Health facilities. The management relationship with the facilities may be direct or indirect with the identical goal of achieving strong performance results. Works with Division and Facility leadership on strategic initiatives and budget planning for BHS related services. The facilities assigned to Class 1 is to include free standing psychiatric/behavioral hospitals, large behavioral pavilions, or large behavioral facilities licensed under the medical center and more complex Behavioral Health facilities in addition to facility based behavioral units.
Supervisor: Direct- President of Behavioral Health, Indirect: Division President and Facility CEO’s
Supervises: In coordination with the facility CEO, supervises each facility’s BHS executive
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates expertise in coordinating, directing and managing all aspects of behavioral health services within the region assigned.
- Responsible to meet volume, FTE and financial targets for each BHS facility.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining high quality patient care standards and services at each facility including environment of care.
- Executes Division, Facility and BHS goals by leading initiatives, meeting deadlines, coordinating resources and providing accountability.
- In coordination with the facility CEO, is responsible for the hiring, training and supervision of each facility’s BHS key leadership positions in coordination with the host or supervising facility human resources department.
- Demonstrates strong budget management skills.
- Develops and manages BHS business development/community relations initiatives and strategies for the Division.
- Ensures all admission and intake functions provide effective, efficient and consumer friendly services.
- Works with leadership to address all physician leadership, practice and recruitment needs.
- Assists all facilities with ED strategies related to behavioral health patients to provide quality and efficient care.
- Ensures all compliance and regulatory requirements are met.
- Provides regular onsite reviews of BHS operations to ensure quality patient care and staff support needs are met and communicates status to leadership.
- Monthly Operating Reviews (MOR) with Division President (or designee) and CEO’s (or designee).
- Serves as official BHS representative and “problem solver” to Division/Facility leadership.
- Works with Corporate BHS team to develop and coordinate with HCA resources to ensure efficient and effective operations for the Division’s BHS facilities.
- Participates on all BHS/HCA initiatives and strategies as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Firm grounding in principals of behavioral health administration and be capable of organizing, managing, promoting, and evaluating all related services.
Education and Experience:
Masters Degree in behavioral sciences, administration, business or healthcare related field or nursing degree a preference.
Successful tenure as a CEO of Behavioral Health Facility preferred.
5 years in senior leadership position within behavioral health setting (2 years related to med/surg hospital setting preferred)·
Last Edited: 02/13/2018