Job Code: 27826-67241
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the pre/post-operative nurse in accordance with patient care and regulatory standards of practice.
- Demonstrates proper airway management techniques, recognizes changes in patient’s condition that indicate anesthesia related complications
- Evaluate patients utilizing approved scoring system, and provide patient teaching pertinent to all surgical procedures.
- Display competency for patient care requirements that may include those of pediatric, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Preop, PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Additional specialty experience may be required as per facility practices (i.e. Pediatric, GI, etc.)
- Active RN license as required by state of employment.
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***Online Certification not accepted.
- Required valid ACLS Certification upon employment.
- PALS as required by facility.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 12/09/2017