Pharmacy Technician II PRN
West Houston Medical Center - Houston - Houston, Texas
Job Code: 00417-89257
West Houston Medical Center – Houston, TX
Pharmacy Technician II
West Houston Medical Center offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.
West Houston Medical Center is currently looking for a Pharmacy Technician II.
- Under the direct supervision of registered pharmacist the Pharmacy Technician has the primary responsibility in the areas of medication receiving, preparing, compounding, dispensing and delivery.
- The position also requires the compounding of intravenous solutions, maintenance of floor stock, entering patient charges into the computer, and maintaining the required disposition records for all pharmaceuticals.
- Effective communication skills with all individuals both inter and intra-departmental, to ensure effective completion of all tasks within the department.
- Maintains PAR levels for departmental supplies and orders when needed.
- Pharmacy Technician school graduate preferred.
- Hospital pharmacy experience
- Holds a current license from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Holds a current PTCB Certificate.
- ACPE Certification in sterile products is required.
Last Edited: 02/13/2018