Putnam Community Medical Center - Palatka, Florida
Job Code: 26760-998
Nights (rotating weekends)
The Certified Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· · Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required.
· · BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
· · Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred.
· · Previous experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting preferred.
· · Strong customer service skills required.
· · Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
· · Computer literacy is required.
· · Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
· · Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching,
squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 01/12/2018