Medical Office Specialist
MSO - Cardio Texas - Austin, Texas
Job Code: 24656-64952
The Medical Office Specialist is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical/administrative expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Work at the reception desk, answer phones, greet and communicate with patients and providers.
Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
Checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
Insurance verifications and verification of patient demographics.
Filing and retrieving medical records/files.
Copying and faxing duties.
Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer.
Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement.
Perform other duties as required.
Must read, understand, and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
• Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
• Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
• Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
EXPERIENCE - Less than one year of experience is required; however, one to three years of experience is preferred.
Last Edited: 02/13/2018