Manager in Training
Shared Services - Richmond - Richmond, Virginia
Job Code: 08648-143796
Manager In Training
The individuals selected for the Manager In Training Program will complete field training and classroom assignments preparing them to function competently as a Manager in Shared Service Center. Training will focus on enhancing participants’ management and technical skills. Field training will ensure participants are knowledgeable in all aspects of the front and back office and display competency in specialized aspects of the position such as registration, compliance, billing and collections.
Participant will work in key areas designated by the SSC Front/Back Office COO and will work side-by-side with the designated Director or COO on a daily basis. Areas of training consist of SSC Patient Access (Central Scheduling and Central Insurance Verification), Facility based Patient Access processes (Registration, Financial Counseling, Medicaid Eligibility and Self pay facility meetings), Billing, Collections, Support Services, Revenue Integrity, Prebill Denials, Appeals, Payment Compliance and Vendor Collections Management, general management and communications and any other identified areas. Participant will receive on-the-job and Formal Training through the Education Department in addition to hands on training. This will ensure the participants are knowledgeable in all aspects of the Revenue Cycle.
DUTIES (included but not limited to):
• Program participants satisfactorily complete scheduled classroom training at a Parallon SSC organization.
• Participants satisfactorily completes field training assignments, within a hospital or practice and SSC setting, specifically designed to perfect management and technical skills within areas listed in the "Job Summary" section above.
• Participants provide a high quality resource of knowledge, skills and work experience to facilities during course of training and fieldwork.
• Conducts self in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner with all individuals and co-workers.
• Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to up-front collections, reduction in insurance denial trends and reduced percentage of error.
• Demonstrates high level of proficiency and knowledge in front office and back office functions and responsibilities.
• During the program, participants may serve as interim manager or team lead within various facilities and/or functions to further enhance their management and technical skills.
• Satisfactorily leads or participates and completes special projects as assigned.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
• Additional requirements - May require long work hours, shift work and weekends, geographic flexibility may be required for promotional opportunities and occasional travel for training and educational opportunities.
BS or BA degree required; Accounting, Business, Finance Healthcare Administration and Hospitality degrees are a plus. MBA or MHA degree preferred
Experience in healthcare, healthcare management or finance is preferred. Minimum 6 months experience of proven or demonstrated leadership, management or supervisory is required. Leadership experience may be from a job, school or voluntary capacity.
Manager In Training
Last Edited: 02/13/2018