Hospital Outreach Sales Representative
Memorial Med Center Savannah - Savannah, Georgia
Job Code: 25742-4515
The Hospital Outreach Sales Representative is responsible for developing, aligning, and retaining referrals from market physicians and referring hospitals for primary service lines. The right person for this role will have the ability to identify target markets and be very familiar with hospital operations, language, and key roles. The right person will facilitate the retention of physician relationships, referring hospital relationships and community relationships. Responsibilities include growth of new service line business and other hospital-specific sales responsibilities while serving as an extension of hospital leadership. Business Development and Sales Experience in key hospital service lines is preferred.
Reports to: Vice President of Sales, South Atlantic Division
Supervises: Not applicable
· In collaboration with the CEO, evaluate, analyze, and interpret market utilization data for specified services and ensure that sales priorities are identified and acted upon.
· Evaluate, analyze, and interpret market demographics, including population, age, gender, race, and projected trends for both physicians and patient populations.
· In collaboration with the CEO and/or Division VP of Sales, evaluate, analyze, and interpret current physician referral patterns and trends, in addition to financial margins, for OPRMC services, ensuring that sales resources are optimized.
· In collaboration with the CEO, Division VP of Sales, service-line directors, and appropriate Medical Staff leadership, develop sales and retention strategies for target markets and facility service lines.
· Develop goals and timelines for growing referral volumes based on new or established physician and outreach medical facility relationships.
· Present and gain support and commitment from CEO and Market leadership, Service Line Leaders, Facility Leaders, and Medical Staff, as needed, for the facility sales plan.
· Execute sales and retention strategies and plans; track activities; report on activities and issues; successfully close new business in accordance with predetermined targets.
· Complete face-to-face sales meetings with physicians, schedulers, practice managers, and medical staff from referring hospitals to ensure that a thorough understanding is gained regarding the physician and medical facility staff desires and needs.
· Complete follow-up meetings with physicians, practice managers, and/or other providers as needed to close new or additional business, ensuring that internal and external obstacles to business growth and retention are identified and minimized or eliminated.
· Prepare and present monthly sales reports, identifying trends, additional business opportunities, and obstacles to new business growth.
· Continuously modify sales and retention strategies and plans to ensure optimal business outcomes and "win-win" results for physicians and outreach medical facilities.
- Most desired experience will include hospital sales in the Market. Minimum requirements include five (3) years of progressive healthcare sales experience in pharmaceutical or medical devices. Comparable experience may be considered.
- Prefers a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare administration, public health administration or related field from an accredited college or university; Master's degree in Health Administration, Business or Economics preferred.
- Requires the ability to travel by automobile in the service area on a regular basis - some overnights may be required
Last Edited: 02/13/2018