Charge Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
Valley Regional Medical Center - Brownsville TX, Texas
Job Code: 00187-5319
Days (rotating weekends)
An HCA Affiliated Hospital
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214-Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Women’s Services
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Wound Care Center
Valley Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) for Progressive Care Unit (PCU).
Intermediate Care Unit, IMCU, IMU, Step-down unit, transitional care unit, telemetry unit, long term care
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
- Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients.
- Ensures the privacy of our patient and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Promotes and exhibits teamwork.
- Completes mandatory education.
- Complies with hospital policies/procedures and patient safety initiatives.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Dental, vision,
life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending
accounts, along with other voluntary benefit
options and programs
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 02/13/2018