MMC – Midwest Heart & Vascular Specialists - Overland Park, Kansas
Job Code: 24232-64863
The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical/administrative expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Working at the reception desk
• Communicating with patients and providers
• Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments
• Reminding patients of upcoming appointments and tracking missed appointments
• Answering multiple telephones and accurately documenting messages
• Forwarding telephone calls appropriately and following up on return calls
• Checking-in patients and properly documenting registration
• Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics
• Filing medical records
• Retrieving medical records and delivering to appropriate providers or department
• Filing patient and administrative files
• Copying and faxing duties
• Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards
• Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
• Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
• Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
• Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
EXPERIENCE - Less than one year of experience is required; however, one to three years of experience is preferred.
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 02/13/2018