Business Office Specialist
Lincoln Surgery Center - Parker, Colorado
Job Code: 27826-71054
HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
This position is Full-time Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
• Demonstrate an ability to greet and register patients in a patient-friendly and timely manner. This may include: copying picture ID and insurance cards; collecting applicable co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance amounts; explaining registration and consent forms to patients; delivering the completed chart to the pre-op nurses.
• Ensure the expected payment log is filled out accurately and completely on a daily basis.
• Ensure patient charts are assembled for the following business day.
• Ensure insurance verification sheets have been obtained from the CBO and filed in the chart appropriately for all cases added to the schedule prior to noon.
• Complete the insurance verification process for cases added to the schedule after noon for the next business day; this includes notifying the patient via phone of the patient portion due at the time of service.
• Demonstrate a strong ability to act as a liaison between the patient's family and the clinical staff.
• Provide back-up coverage for the HIM Specialist (i.e., medical records).
• Consistently demonstrate an ability to work as a team player.
• Other duties as assigned.
One to three years experience working in a physician's office, clinic or hospital setting preferred. A firm understanding of insurance contracts as well as pre-certification and benefit verification requirements preferred.
Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as determined by facility practices.
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 06/11/2018