The Ounce of Prevention: Detecting and Preventing Sepsis
We developed an algorithm that helps clinicians all over the country detect and prevent deadly sepsis infections.
You don’t have to be sporting scrubs to save lives here. Just ask anyone on our data team. Analyzing data from more than 30 million patient encounters, in 2018 we developed SPOT (Sepsis Prediction and Optimization of Therapy), our algorithm driven technology that helps clinicians all over the country detect and prevent deadly sepsis infections before they ever have a chance to become deadly.
- FOX News: Dr. Jonathan Perlin on how AI can protect against sepsis
- Health Leaders Media: New Decision Support Tool Reduces Sepsis Mortality by 22.9%
- Becker's Hospital Review: Meet SPOT, HCA Healthcare's 'smoke detector' for sepsis
- Modern Healthcare: HCA Healthcare uses predictive analytics to spot sepsis early
- Tennessean: HCA Healthcare hospitals to expand computer algorithm that detects sepsis and saves lives