Our dedication to caring like family extends beyond our hospitals' walls into the communities where we live and work.
Through our partnerships with national organizations, workplace giving initiatives, grants to nonprofits and the volunteer efforts of our colleagues, HCA Healthcare is helping to build stronger communities. We are addressing key issues tied to health and well-being as we strengthen our relationships with our neighbors in our hometowns.
Our impact on communities is multifaceted:
- Our operations make us a major contributor to our communities’ local economies.
- The HCA Foundation supports local nonprofit organizations striving for healthier communities.
- Our culture and incentives give our colleagues the opportunity to learn, serve, lead and give in their communities.
- By joining forces with other leading organizations, we maximize our ability to provide care for patients and populations.
- Through research, partnerships, policies and investments, we’re tackling the problems that matter most in our communities, from disaster relief to environmental sustainability.
At HCA Healthcare, we’re proud to be part of a family working to give people healthier tomorrows—at our care facilities in our broader communities, and across our shared world.
Investing in our Communities
Healthier tomorrows begin with healthy communities today. HCA Healthcare is a major contributor to the local economies where our hospitals are located and where our colleagues live.
281,000 people employed
$23.6B in payroll and benefits
$4.2B capital investment in land, buildings and equipment
$3.7B for delivery of charity care, uninsured discounts and other uncompensated care
Working with organizations whose missions align with our own, we can have an even greater impact on our communities. HCA Healthcare partners with other leading organizations to uncover more possibilities in improving health and well-being. Our support extends beyond sponsorships into truly collaborative partnerships, through which we can take better care of our patients, families and communities.
- March of Dimes
- American Red Cross
- The Jason Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity
Volunteerism and Giving
We don’t just work in the communities where our care facilities are located. We live there, too, with our families and our friends. We want to do our part to help communities thrive and grow by sharing our experts, educators and volunteers.
- HCA Healthcare colleagues logged approximately 107,000 volunteer hours in 2019, working with local and national organizations, sharing their knowledge and talents to raise awareness and help solve community problems.
- In 2019, HCA Healthcare invested more than $56 million in the communities we serve through corporate and colleague giving. Donations supported community agencies, individuals, families affected by natural disasters, grants, research, scholarship programs and more.
- HCA Healthcare colleagues serve on the boards of nonprofit and community agencies across the country.